This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-8.25-1
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 06:52:22 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-8.25-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 56DF6827 dot 7020306 at redhat dot com>
Eric Blake writes:
[...a bunch of good news elided...]
> If you missed the note in 8.23-2, there is no longer an 'su' program in
> coreutils; this is an upstream decision (many Linux distros are getting
> su from other packages, and even though cygwin's su had come from
> coreutils, it was heavily patched and doesn't work as smoothly as on
> Linux). I'm still debating whether it is worth trying to capture the
> last release of coreutils' su, as patched to work on cygwin, for
> distribution as an independent package; help would be appreciated from
> anyone else interested in this task.
I can't answer to whether it's worth saving :-) but if it is, I think I
can help. Has it diverged enough into Windows-isms that it could fit
under the cygutils umbrella? Either there or as a separate su package
works for me.
Anybody out there using 'su'? Speak now, or forever hold the pieces.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple