This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SEMCTL fails with error 22
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:41:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: SEMCTL fails with error 22
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAeFwS2mbvRMkqQLuSZoAyUHLgzzijLWvLOKoWSVXeFw25PcgQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAeFwS0dN0KNRZLWpU3_v6s57xdmMRwncfc9Ry-Ff_a_VTkNCg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/03/2016 11:52, Meenakshi Pant wrote:
For me the out put is when cygserver is up.
Semaphore created successfully 196608
Value before errno = 0
Cannot set semaphore value.errno = 22
When cygserver is down the output is
Unable to obtain semaphore 88
After bringing up cygserver the command 'cygcheck -c' shows the below output.
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
I have exactly the same results as Achim
Semaphore created successfully 65536
Value before errno = 0Semaphore 1492 initialized.
On both 32 and 64 bit.
So it seems a specific issue on your system side.
What software are you running ?
Any potential Bloda ?
Looks also on "detect_bloda" at
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple