This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-8.25-1
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 02:44:09 +0300
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-8.25-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 56DF6827 dot 7020306 at redhat dot com> <loom dot 20160311T074503-738 at post dot gmane dot org> <CAGHJv4dN2wOVR_conCWV9HvmrSjFsvPwUcN8+r2cy-uW9+kP-Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Chris Sutcliffe!
>> Anybody out there using 'su'? Speak now, or forever hold the pieces.
> I would appreciate having a working 'su' command. I currently make
> use of an elevated terminal to do my Admin duties, so having 'su'
> would come in real handy.
Using it for administration would be a security breach.
runas opens a new terminal for a reason.
With best regards,
Saturday, March 12, 2016 02:43:19
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple