This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with line buffering and getc function on 1.7.33.
- From: Kaz Kylheku <920-082-4242 at kylheku dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:41:10 -0800
- Subject: Re: Problem with line buffering and getc function on 1.7.33.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <a0c23290b3a8502552dcf149fbfa5f90 at mail dot kylheku dot com> <56E34346 dot 9010000 at gmail dot com> <11ca145175d5b7d15db927c0c1f28b18 at mail dot kylheku dot com> <20160312193946 dot GB3567 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20160312222921 dot GD3567 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 12.03.2016 14:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I do now. Basically it's setvbuf screwing up the internal flags in the
FILE structure. I took the liberty to update newlib's setvbuf to the
OpenBSD version locally and I'm going to apply my patches to newlib
soon. I'll provide a new 2.5.0 test release of Cygwin with this patch
tomorrow or early next week.
The change in git now seems risky; it substantially rewrites setvbuf.
Of course, it's not that I think OpenBSD has it wrong, but that it's
being cherry-picked in isolation into what looks like a code base
with some other old pieces. Just a thought.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple