This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [bug] mingw64-*-w64-win-iconv: Cannot open handle; convert to UTF-8
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 00:46:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: [bug] mingw64-*-w64-win-iconv: Cannot open handle; convert to UTF-8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1aeozf-0006XS-0S at rmm6prod02 dot runbox dot com>
On 2016-03-12 13:14, email@example.com wrote:
At first I thought it could be a bug with SDL, but to make sure, I created a very simple reproduction
of the issue using only the iconv libraray, and a simple main() function. This "test" fails
on every machine on which I have ran it, in both 32-bit and 64-bit builds.
iconv_t handle = iconv_open("C", "UTF-8");
Invalid code. "C" is a locale, not an encoding.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple