This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- From: Gerrit Haase <gerrit dot haase at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 13:36:06 +0100
- Subject: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have some business to do with Cygwin, again. Yeah!
I have a fresh installation now, but found, there is no /etc/profile,
no PATH set besides the Windows inherited PATH, so of course I can not
use the shell, e.g.
-bash-4.3$ which ls
-bash: which: command not found
Also after first invocation of the Shell, there is no HOME directory
created, no files in the Windows Users directory etc.
Back then there was some postinstallation script which was creating
basic files like /etc/profile and other basic things were created with
the first login, like /home/<user> directory, including basic files
Regards, I think this was working better years ago back in the old
days of Cygwin B20, err... 1.5 or 1.7.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple