This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:44:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+Fg1xbJcaBO9UYvN4TFs8GFhTnGWcWWwg+TtuqukA_peHvhcQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 3/15/2016 8:36 AM, Gerrit Haase wrote:
Back then there was some postinstallation script which was creating
basic files like /etc/profile and other basic things were created with
the first login, like/home/<user> directory, including basic files
That's still the case. The relevant postinstall script is
/etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh. You might check
/var/log/setup.log and/or /var/log/setup.log.full to see if you can tell
why it failed. Or try running it manually.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple