This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- From: Gerrit Haase <gerrit dot haase at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 14:57:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+Fg1xbJcaBO9UYvN4TFs8GFhTnGWcWWwg+TtuqukA_peHvhcQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <198991484 dot 20160315163836 at yandex dot ru>
2016-03-15 14:38 GMT+01:00 Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Gerrit Haase!
>> Back then there was some postinstallation script which was creating
>> basic files like /etc/profile and other basic things were created with
>> the first login, like /home/<user> directory, including basic files
> I've installed 2 or 3 Cygwin suites from scratch in the last year and it was
> fine. If anything cropped up, it is either very recent, or local to your
> environment. Check setup logs for any discrepancies.
> And, of course,
> With best regards,
> Andrey Repin
> Tuesday, March 15, 2016 16:37:10
> Sorry for my terrible english...
Well, thanks. I did the installation today, and
/etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh obviously didn't run.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple