This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Problem with ssh-host-config?
- From: "Nick dot Battle at uk dot fujitsu dot com" <Nick dot Battle at uk dot fujitsu dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:42:28 +0000
- Subject: RE: Problem with ssh-host-config?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <869e15d0ccf54bd5ac85e8896f61592e at R01UKEXCASM112 dot r01 dot fujitsu dot local> <loom dot 20160311T145910-774 at post dot gmane dot org> <20160311154058 dot GC31269 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
>> In theory this should only happen if you *only* use passwd in
>> /etc/nsswitch.conf. If you use default settings (passwd db), this
>> branch should not be hit either.
>> So I wonder how your /etc/nsswitch.conf looks like. Are you using
>> passwd: passwd
>> group: passwd
> We install the following in nsswitch.conf just before running ssh-host-config:
> passwd: files
> group: files
> db_home: windows
> Does that explain the path we're taking?
Looking at the csih scripts, that would take the code into the mkpasswd branch with the bug.
So perhaps no one has noticed this before simply because the default behaviour skips it.
Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited, from Fujitsu (FTS) Limited, or from Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Limited, together "Fujitsu".
This email is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.
Fujitsu Services Limited, registered in England No 96056, registered office 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW.
Fujitsu (FTS) Limited, registered in England No 03808613, registered office 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW.
PFU Imaging Solutions Europe Limited, registered in England No 1578652, registered office Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE.
Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Limited, registered in England No 2548187, registered office Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7YU.