This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- From: Gerrit Haase <gerrit dot haase at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:15:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+Fg1xbJcaBO9UYvN4TFs8GFhTnGWcWWwg+TtuqukA_peHvhcQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <198991484 dot 20160315163836 at yandex dot ru> <CA+Fg1xZqQCyuoLPWqvy7bk5m=qhpAcv0i8T1wOHu-AX8ev-f3Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACoZoo2BkezcDxfHOp_G=4eJu4EXwDUABbW37hNPz-M8WMzb7g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+Fg1xYMfZerVFSUcXp9RHg0K5vbOMCot5FrRO5=JAHxgM3_bQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160315T153252-984 at post dot gmane dot org> <CA+Fg1xbE+kKKDQ2AAW81xOf9pb=kef7r-Yk6gocaZFjeFoiV=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACoZoo3kJtH6wYJWSpS-Md26_=SyeVG4ZJMwLj7O=9yP2rF5YA at mail dot gmail dot com>
2016-03-15 18:07 GMT+01:00 Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Gerrit Haase wrote:
>> How can I see all packages in Base category, I am in offline mode, and
>> it shows me only all the packages which are present in my package
> I was of the understanding that the setup program used the setup.xz or
> setup.bz2 file as the reference list of what is available rather than
> the content of the mirror, so unless you created your own setup.bz2
> rather than using the one from mirror you created your local repo
> from, it should have listed everything, and flagged errors only at
> install time after selections were made about missing packages.
> Someone please correct me if I'm inaccurate here.
As far as I can see, it uses setup.ini to resolve dependencies and to
fill in text for information, however, packages you don't have in the
repository are not listed.
All packages which I don't have downloaded are not displayed in setup.exe
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple