This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Change PS1 when run as administrator
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:19:57 -0600
- Subject: Re: Change PS1 when run as administrator
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F7CDFE45-BFA7-4599-B510-B40BCA19142F at etr-usa dot com> <28210846 dot 20160315202354 at yandex dot ru> <87mvpz1ong dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <0F37E0B7-A313-49F2-BAFD-59A7A144BD8C at etr-usa dot com> <CACoZoo3=PcNpRzGVTeg-Hb6xu+kiSvbZZjdpYL9-x9FfdpGEPQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <AD360A0E-4158-4DB2-9B1E-54EB7771954B at etr-usa dot com> <CACoZoo3py4h5y9aX62u3UMmD6Vb1XSAm24KcvzR2-Ues85=Fjw at mail dot gmail dot com> <B3EF34B8-1A4C-4755-A2CF-A30F84CCD4F0 at etr-usa dot com> <CACoZoo2eMsacch9XGvgGtDGush8fGjTxiCvD94mgEiOC1dbtRA at mail dot gmail dot com> <B9606854-4C65-4DC7-B0EF-6BE4ECC3188E at etr-usa dot com> <CACoZoo1p92Bdd-9-4kVLc1fRixfSA55rh-cHhDHyQ5WMHd3fjA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mar 15, 2016, at 5:14 PM, Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm fairly certain
> that I have not had this machine that long
The mtimes on those files is as reliable as your system clock, because theyâre generated during first install.
Contrast that with files unpacked from tarballs which can be backdated to the date the package maintainer created the package; that isnât happening in this case.
I suspect the only reason your passwd file is newer than your group file is that you (or some tool) edited it after it was generated, presumably the same day /etc/group was generated.
Time gets away from us all.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple