This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 04:54:23 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: make command fails on cygwin-x86 (cyggmp-10.dll: Loaded to different address)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <707872 dot 7610 dot qm at web101115 dot mail dot kks dot yahoo dot co dot jp> <954803454 dot 20160316033718 at yandex dot ru> <1458092809532-125249 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <838158214 dot 20160316145133 at yandex dot ru> <56214 dot 11925 dot qm at web101111 dot mail dot kks dot yahoo dot co dot jp> <loom dot 20160316T145643-903 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
>Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
>> The last step of setup seem to be autorebase then setup command is the
> easiest way
>> to use "rebase". Am I right?
>> After rebase sometime one needs to restart PC. Right?
> No. You only need to restart if in-use DLL have been replaced during setup.
> Rebase just doesn't do anything for in-use files, so the worst that can
> happen is that you have an incomplete rebase.
Thank you for your kind explanations.
I remember the situation of the Cygwin setup before the issue.
Usually I do not use cygwin process until setup command finished.
However,I have no confidence that I kill all other cygwin-x86 process at that time.
I will take care during cygwin setup process.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple