This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygcheck doesn't find package for procps
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:00:01 +0000
- Subject: cygcheck doesn't find package for procps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In another message, procps was mentioned*, and I tried to see what package it
was in using cygcheck, but cygcheck didn't return anything. Wondering
what is wrong...
$ type procps
procps is hashed (/usr/bin/procps)
$ procps --version
procps version 3.2.8
$ cygcheck --help
cygcheck -f FILE [FILE]...
-f, --find-package find the package to which FILE belongs
$ which procps
$ cygcheck -f `which procps`
$ cygcheck -f `which cat`
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 COR900GFY5 2.4.1(0.293/5/3) 2016-01-24 11:26 x86_64 Cygwin
So, cygcheck does find cat's package, but not procps's.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple