This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: faster opening Cygwin from Explorer window
- From: Jim Garrison <jhg at jhmg dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:48:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: faster opening Cygwin from Explorer window
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 smtp.jhmg.net 73879400D9
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702EAE5FD0 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <loom dot 20160318T155127-868 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: jhg at acm dot org
On 3/18/2016 7:52 AM, Tony Kelman wrote:
> Nellis, Kenneth <Kenneth.Nellis <at> xerox.com> writes:
>> My ideal scenario is to right-click in the Explorer window, select the
>> new Cygwin option that I'd like to appear, and this would open a
>> mintty/bash window with PWD set to that Windows folder.
>> Long shot, I know, but if anyone has done this and is willing to share
>> I'd love to hear about it. BTW, I'm using Windows 7 and am current
>> on Cygwin 64-bit.
>> --Ken Nellis
> Git for Windows has (used to have?) a "git bash here" explorer integration
> that I bet you could borrow and adapt into a "cygwin terminal here."
Cygwin already has this, in package "chere". Not sure if it's available
for 64-bit yet.
Jim Garrison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple