This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: faster opening Cygwin from Explorer window
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:17:55 -0600
- Subject: Re: faster opening Cygwin from Explorer window
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702EAE5FD0 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <loom dot 20160318T155127-868 at post dot gmane dot org> <56EC3F7C dot 1030601 at jhmg dot net>
On Mar 18, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Jim Garrison <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 3/18/2016 7:52 AM, Tony Kelman wrote:
>> Nellis, Kenneth <Kenneth.Nellis <at> xerox.com> writes:
>>> My ideal scenario is to right-click in the Explorer window, select the
>>> new Cygwin option that I'd like to appear, and this would open a
>>> mintty/bash window with PWD set to that Windows folder.
>>> Long shot, I know, but if anyone has done this and is willing to share
>>> I'd love to hear about it. BTW, I'm using Windows 7 and am current
>>> on Cygwin 64-bit.
>>> --Ken Nellis
>> Git for Windows has (used to have?) a "git bash here" explorer integration
>> that I bet you could borrow and adapt into a "cygwin terminal here."
> Cygwin already has this, in package "chere". Not sure if it's available
> for 64-bit yet.
There are [very few] Cygwin 32 packages that haven’t yet been ported to Cygwin 64 yet. Pretty much all that remain are those that are abandoned and not yet re-adopted.
Chere is running here just fine on 64-bit Windows 10.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple