Re: Running texconfig breaks backspace in Bash/MinTTY

On 2016-03-18 15:27, Ken Brown wrote:
On 2016-03-18 06:34, Ken Brown wrote:
The best long-term solution is to get rid of the need for texconfig by
making
tlmgr work on Cygwin[*].

No thanks.  Don't we have all of TeX Live packaged already?  Wouldn't
using this conflict with the packages we already have?

I guess I wasn't clear enough in the footnote when I said I would
disable some features of tlmgr.  What I meant was that I would disable
the features that deal with package management.  But tlmgr does other
things that could be useful (like managing default paper size), and I
would like to make those things work on Cygwin.

texlive uses libpaper, so can paperconf be used for managing paper size?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Fedora does not ship tlmgr. You may wish to check the other major distros and see if they do, and if so what modifications they made.

--
Yaakov