This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Running texconfig breaks backspace in Bash/MinTTY
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:46:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Running texconfig breaks backspace in Bash/MinTTY
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160316114546 dot GO29016 at dinwoodie dot org> <56E952E5 dot 2000205 at cornell dot edu> <20160316140012 dot GP29016 at dinwoodie dot org> <56E9769B dot 5050901 at cornell dot edu> <56E9DA19 dot 4000700 at towo dot net> <56EA97AF dot 8080703 at cornell dot edu> <56EBE7B4 dot 2010600 at cornell dot edu> <56EC618F dot 3030609 at cygwin dot com> <56EC64C5 dot 80707 at cornell dot edu> <56EC6654 dot 6070701 at cygwin dot com>
On 3/18/2016 4:34 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2016-03-18 15:27, Ken Brown wrote:
On 3/18/2016 4:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2016-03-18 06:34, Ken Brown wrote:
The best long-term solution is to get rid of the need for texconfig by
tlmgr work on Cygwin[*].
No thanks. Don't we have all of TeX Live packaged already? Wouldn't
using this conflict with the packages we already have?
I guess I wasn't clear enough in the footnote when I said I would
disable some features of tlmgr. What I meant was that I would disable
the features that deal with package management. But tlmgr does other
things that could be useful (like managing default paper size), and I
would like to make those things work on Cygwin.
texlive uses libpaper, so can paperconf be used for managing paper size?
I doubt it, but I'll check. By "managing default paper size" I simply
mean writing the appropriate things to various TeX Live configuration
files. And TeX Live already provides Perl modules that do all the work
and that are called by tlmgr.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Fedora does not ship tlmgr. You may wish
to check the other major distros and see if they do, and if so what
modifications they made.
I know Debian does. And the Debian TeX Live maintainer (who is also one
of the main upstream TeX Live maintainers) told me that he doesn't ship
texconfig in Debian because it doesn't work well with TeX Live and
because everything it does can be done better by tlmgr.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple