This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
fts_read failed error during Cygwin find, du, etc operations
- From: Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:50:54 -0700
- Subject: fts_read failed error during Cygwin find, du, etc operations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am using a daily refreshed Cygwin64 on WIndows 7 Enterprise.
When I mount fairly large NetApp volumes and perform a
du -sh path
find path etc
rm -rf path
where path is involved in the mount. like /cygdrive/y/ as mentioned below;
(those are the three that I remember, all apps recursive descend a
I'll frequently get the following error.
du -sh /cygdrive/y/Some_Large_Directory
du: fts_read failed:
/cygdrive/y/Some_Large_Directory/dir/dir/dir/file: No such file or
So, what is the cause of this and what is the remedy or workaround?
So far I have no choice but to fall back to the dos window and dos
commands or the windows file explorer where I would much rather be
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple