This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [attention p7zip maintainer] p7zip 15.14 is out
- From: Tony Kelman <tony at kelman dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:23:45 -0700
- Subject: RE: [attention p7zip maintainer] p7zip 15.14 is out
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFo71_7K9wYK=BijWW+F-=DxbT7r4jTMZE2TfaPVjFE7-LDLgQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> This version syncs code with 7zip 15.14 and adds the fix for CVE-2015-1038.
Updated the version, rebased patches and rebuilt, but cygport isn't letting
me upload. I'm getting
*** ERROR: Package file p7zip/setup.hint doesn't exist. Run "cygport p7zip-15.14-1.cygport pkg" to build it.
When I run the suggested "cygport pkg" command, I get
*** Warning: setup.hint is missing
*** Warning: p7zip.hint is missing
I get the sense this is using a pretty old-style cygport packaging, which
I mostly inherited from the most recent 32-bit upload when I first adopted
the package. I'm not motivated enough to fight with cygport to modernize this
so I'll upload manually. Is this a regression in cygport's permissiveness?
If anyone wants to help point me in the right direction with modernizing,
I have the packaging sources up at https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-p7zip
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple