Package choosing algorithm ...

Hi Corinna,

A year ago you changed the "package choosing algorithm" ...
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.864) -- by Corinna Vinschen
Here C. announces the modification of the "package choosing algorithm"
(and the introduction of the "mirror mode")

When I started setup (2.873) and selected "Download without Installing", it offered me to download version 2.5.0-0.8 of cygwin (installed: 2.5.0-0.7).

However when I restarted setup and selected "Install from Local Directory",
it did NOT offer me to install version 2.5.0-0.8 ...

(Meaning, I had to restart setup AGAIN, and force it to install the last
 version of cygwin - a bit annoying, as you wrote in [1])

Did your modification only apply to the "Download without Installing" part
of setup? (i.e. downloading from internet)

(honestly, I do not remember whether or not setup acted consistently in both
 modes after your modification)

Did I miss something?

- Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed - by Corinna
Start of discussion ...