This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BUG: grep (GNU grep) 2.24
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:06:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: BUG: grep (GNU grep) 2.24
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <70C6F637A7E2844391D854CF15BB7A8F5AAA58FF06 at TUS1XCHEVSPIN42 dot SYMC dot SYMANTEC dot COM> <loom dot 20160321T145437-708 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 2016-03-21 14:56, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Gordon Grimes writes:
>> % wc -l FILE
>> % grep . FILE
>> Very wrong.
> You're aware that "." doesn't match empty lines?
Agreed, that is relevant, but there's the difference between v2.21 and v2.24...
On a whim and given that we don't know what FILE is, I'd give this a go:
% LANG=C grep . FILE
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple