This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cksum giving inconsistent results on network drive
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:49:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: cksum giving inconsistent results on network drive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702EAE633E at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> I'm seeing inconsistent results with cksum, with repeated
> executions on the same file giving different results.
> Now, I suspect I won't get much sympathy because I am
> accessing the remote file through a "stone_age_old"*
> (QNX4) Samba server through my Q: drive, but if there's
> a solution to this, I'd love to hear it as I use
> cksum to verify correct transfer of files.
I expect if you did a capture of the traffic, you'd find the traffic
itself has inconsistent data...
My first suspicion is that there is very little you can do from the
cygwin side outside of something like doing 5 consecutive tests and
take the most consistent result.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple