This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cksum giving inconsistent results on network drive
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:37:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: cksum giving inconsistent results on network drive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702EAE633E at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <CACoZoo0wFReBJha8AwzCAHSWKhEL1ALKH5exmhE-8P5fEj6+Kg at mail dot gmail dot com> <577110535 dot 20160322032840 at yandex dot ru>
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Erik Soderquist!
>> My first suspicion is that there is very little you can do from the
>> cygwin side outside of something like doing 5 consecutive tests and
>> take the most consistent result.
> Since SMB (especially in stone-age implementations) uses TCP, I would expect
> data transfer to be free of errors of such nature.
I _expect_ it too, but that has not been my experience. TCP will
happily carry wrong data as long as the TCP packet itself seems
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple