This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package choosing algorithm ...
- From: Ian Lambert <ian dot lambert_42 at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:41:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Package choosing algorithm ...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <bf41d85cb0aa96624fd4383778eb1287 at xs4all dot nl> <20160321100007 dot GK3422 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1a2fa4d86b78fbf1ccf8bc9a690e82e5 at xs4all dot nl> <20160322095250 dot GK7179 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On March 22, 2016 5:52:50 AM EDT, Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> wrote:
>On Mar 21 13:40, Houder wrote:
>> Apparently specifying the -m option makes a difference ...
>>>Anyone using setup in the same way as I do and not experiencing my
I have been struggling with using apt-cyg to download package updates,
because it uses wget, and running setup local.
Also using no-admin, without -m, I had similar problems
getting the latest or test versions to download and install. My latest trick was deletes in /etc/setup/installed.db, and a small mod to apt-cyg.
I got cygwin 2.5.0-0.8 and mintty 2.3.3 this way.
>It shouldn't but apparently it does, oh well.
I took a shot at git mirror of setup, to see if I could add user/password, or user-agent, options to setup,
but getting git to download anything has so far failed for me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple