This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Possible bug: ssh-host-config - getent when computer name is "-" (dash)
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 22:49:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Possible bug: ssh-host-config - getent when computer name is "-" (dash)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-e5b0769d-61d9-4ca8-9820-6997056dc6a2-1458828746171 at 3capp-mailcom-lxa02> <56F40B07 dot 2020400 at arcor dot de> <56F46003 dot 2060704 at gmail dot com>
On 24/03/2016 22:45, cyg Simple wrote:
On 3/24/2016 11:43 AM, Dirk Fassbender wrote:
Am 24.03.2016 um 15:12 schrieb Unknown Sender:
I noticed this bug for the first time today on a computer that has the
computer name "-" (dash).
for a start about host name definitions.
From this reference:
"The Internet standards (Requests for Comments) for protocols mandate
that component hostname labels may contain only the ASCII letters 'a'
through 'z' (in a case-insensitive manner), the digits '0' through '9',
and the hyphen ('-'). The original specification of hostnames in RFC
952, mandated that labels ** could not start** with a digit or with a hyphen,
and must not end with a hyphen."
Note that hyphen (a.k.a. dash) is permitted.
not as first letter
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple