This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Unable to start mintty.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 05:27:47 +0300
- Subject: Unable to start mintty.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've not used mintty for quite some time, and discovered today that I no
longer able to start it inside a directory. Quite frustrating moment is that I
can perfectly start it from desktop shortcut, but not from console.
After much fiddling, largely out of desperation, I tried to set LANG= in
console to the same value it have in GUI. Much to my surprise, mintty readily
popped up, like it wasn't a few long hours of constant failure.
The short version:
LANG=ru_RU.CP866 - mintty close immediately.
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 - mintty start just fine.
With best regards,
Wednesday, March 30, 2016 05:19:57
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple