Re: Unable to start mintty.

Greetings, All!

> I've not used mintty for quite some time, and discovered today that I no
> longer able to start it inside a directory. Quite frustrating moment is that I
> can perfectly start it from desktop shortcut, but not from console.
> After much fiddling, largely out of desperation, I tried to set LANG= in
> console to the same value it have in GUI. Much to my surprise, mintty readily
> popped up, like it wasn't a few long hours of constant failure.

> The short version:
> LANG=ru_RU.CP866  - mintty close immediately.
> LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8  - mintty start just fine.

Another useful bit of info: I've had locale/encoding forced to ru_RU/UTF-8 in
mintty settings. Was working fine in the past, overriding the locale set
through environment variables (which let me had different locale setting in
console, and still fully utilize unicode capabilities of mintty started from
it).

I've made two small tweaks to the way I invoke mintty now:
1. I've removed enforced locale in application settings and
2. I've corrected environment in the wrapper calling mintty from console,
but this is not really a desirable solution.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...