This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wget seemingly modifies file access permissions on XP
- From: mihau <mh at mihau dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:28:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: wget seemingly modifies file access permissions on XP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Remove your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files. Don't regeneate them,
they are not required anymore (https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html)
Then try again.
unfortunately, this did not help, not even after a reboot.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple