This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packages not found by setup 2.873
- From: EMMANUELLE FOURNIER <emmanuelle dot fournier at partnre dot com>
- To: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:57:46 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Packages not found by setup 2.873
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459366757 dot 65775 dot ezmlm at cygwin dot com>
First of all, thank you for answering me.
- For packages format, I'm not an expert, so I've changed in tar.bz2, because in the x86 version of program, they were in tar.bz2.
But if you mean that is not a cause, I will modify this.
- I've modified setup in order to find packages in tar.bz2 instead of tar.xz.
- There were errors for each packages, a pop-up came each time with the following message : "Can't open (null) for readind : no such file"
- I really think that this command work, but I don't know where can be the error, so I'm searching everywhere.
$INSTDIR doesn't include a network drive letter : " InstallDir "C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin" "
I will try again, without changed format. I really have to download first, then install, because it will be deployed.
var/log/setup.log, in my two last try :
2016/03/25 16:21:03 Starting cygwin install, version 2.873
2016/03/25 16:21:03 User has backup/restore rights
2016/03/25 16:21:03 io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/setup.rc) failed 2 No such file or directory
2016/03/25 16:21:03 Current Directory: C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin\cygwin-setup
2016/03/25 16:21:03 Could not open service McShield for query, start and stop. McAfee may not be installed, or we don't have access.
2016/03/25 16:21:09 source: from local dir
2016/03/25 16:21:10 root: c:\cygwin system
2016/03/25 16:21:12 Selected local directory: C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin\cygwin-setup
2016/03/25 16:21:12 io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/installed.db) failed 2 No such file or directory
2016/03/25 16:21:28 Selected local directory: C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin\cygwin-setup\http%3a%2f%2fcygwin.gicm.net%3a8080%2f
2016/03/25 16:21:39 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2016/03/25 16:25:33 Changing gid back to original
2016/03/25 16:25:33 Changing gid to Administrators
2016/03/25 16:25:46 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2016/03/25 16:55:39 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2016/03/25 16:55:40 Changing gid back to original
2016/03/25 16:55:40 Changing gid to Administrators
2016/03/25 16:56:41 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2016/03/30 08:44:04 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2016/03/30 08:44:05 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2016/03/30 08:44:06 Changing gid back to original
2016/03/30 08:44:06 Changing gid to Administrators
2016/03/30 08:44:08 note: Nothing needed to be installed
2016/03/30 08:44:08 Ending cygwin install
And I can try without "-C base".
That's my new try :
- I've downloaded
- Next, I've copied my fresh repository in $INSTDIR
- I've recompiled NSIS to create my new setup.exe
- On my target computer, I've executed setup.exe : files have been copied, but no packages installed
New setup.log :
2016/03/31 09:51:37 Starting cygwin install, version 2.873
2016/03/31 09:51:37 User has backup/restore rights
2016/03/31 09:51:37 Current Directory: C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin\cygwin-setup
2016/03/31 09:51:37 Could not open service McShield for query, start and stop. McAfee may not be installed, or we don't have access.
2016/03/31 09:51:37 root: c:\cygwin system
2016/03/31 09:51:37 Selected local directory: C:\D3IPARAM\setup_cygwin\cygwin-setup
2016/03/31 09:51:38 Changing gid back to original
2016/03/31 09:51:38 Changing gid to Administrators
2016/03/31 09:51:38 Ending cygwin install
A final information : I've made it with x86 setup on x64 target machine. Is it a problem ? I don't think so, but I still wonder.
Thank you by advance.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout
message etant susceptible d'alteration, l'emetteur decline toute
responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited. As e-mails are susceptible to alteration,
the issuer shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple