This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Keep calm
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 16:04:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: Keep calm
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56E88E08 dot 609 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <87h9g6disy dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56E9A61E dot 4060005 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <56FAA898 dot 3050407 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <87io01w3fa dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 01/04/2016 20:10, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
Also, it would be really cool if setup.xz files were finally made
available (the best compression option in my experience is -6e).
This is something I want to look at, once the initial problems have been
An .xz compressed setup.ini is now written as well.
What's that setup.ini.bak file doing there?
This preserves the previous setup.ini, when it is updated.
This is useful for a couple of reasons: If something went disastrously
wrong, it makes rolling back to a valid setup.ini much easier. It also
makes it simple to see what changed when setup.ini got updated.
I suppose this file could be stashed somewhere private, but I'm not sure
it's worth the effort.
Also, given that we're unlikely to go back to upset, could the
release/!always_ready cookie be removed as well?
I take no position on the probability of that event. I've removed the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple