This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [attention p7zip maintainer] p7zip 15.14 is out
- From: Tony Kelman <tony at kelman dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 09:44:15 -0700
- Subject: RE: [attention p7zip maintainer] p7zip 15.14 is out
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFo71_7K9wYK=BijWW+F-=DxbT7r4jTMZE2TfaPVjFE7-LDLgQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <BAY169-W115B9C4A147EA18D48657BDA78D0 at phx dot gbl> <871t76imjs dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CA+Fg1xZk-XB4dicSvHYyGYF6sSOMpH8Hxjfo7gmyezTsbQ4Neg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87twjlw4dw dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56FFD39F dot 6030600 at gmail dot com>,<8760w0hyaa dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
>> Yes but only for development installs. Strictly as a user of the binary
>> install I wouldn't want the dependency here.
> We were talking about the cygport file and whether to include a
> build-time dependency in there.
I also thought the naming for REQUIRES vs DEPEND was a bit confusing
until I went and read the cygport docs in detail.
I didn't realize my -1 upload actually went through correctly, and I
spent a couple of weeks not using Windows. Once we can get the
new Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows 10 I won't be using my
opensuse partition much any more - but I also might not use cygwin
either, we'll see.
I'll spin a -2 rebuild with the setup.hint mistake fixed, and mark the
build time dependency.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple