This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
pass arguments enclosed with double quotes from bash shell to windows program
- From: Cary Lewis <cary dot lewis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 14:59:55 -0400
- Subject: pass arguments enclosed with double quotes from bash shell to windows program
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I need to start acrobat from a bash shell.
Acrobat needs some of its parameters to be enclosed with double
quotes. This is needed to automatically open and print a pdf.
When I try to do that directly from a bash shell, I can't get it to
pass arguments enclosed with the double quotes.
It will do that for arguments with spaces in them, but for single word
arguments, it doesn't
If I try to do a \", then it passes the \" to the windows app.
The only workaround I've come up with so far, is to create a batch
file in the bash shell, and then invoke it with a cmd /c batch.bat
But there should be a way to control how arguments are passed.
Does anyone have any ideas.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple