Re: How to install a custom permanent postinstall handler?

On 2016-04-02 04:21, Achim Gratz wrote:
Andrey Repin writes:
Couple of my scripts rely on ASH/DASH functionality that is not present in
BASH. (Namely "local -".)
To amend that, I make a symlink /bin/sh = /bin/dash .
But every time bash update, it overwrite the link.

I think the correct course of action would be to put /bin/sh under
control of the alternatives system.

I am not in favour of /bin/sh being alternatives-able. The *proper* course of action is to use the shebang for the script interpreter you require, i.e. /bin/dash.

--
Yaakov