This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: octave-4.0.1-1
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 14:11:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: octave-4.0.1-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 56F31454 dot 8060403 at gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160404T133217-190 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 04/04/2016 13:40, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:
New versions 4.0.1-1 of
ThÃs package is apparently missing a dependency on texinfo since it needs
makeinfo to display help. If there is a way to instead pre-format the
documentation, that'd probably be preferrable to requiring texinfo (which in
turn requires perl).
"The entire text of this manual is available from the Octave prompt via
the command doc. In addition, the documentation for individual
user-written functions and variables is also available via the help
"doc" does not need makeinfo as the documentation is already available
"help" tries to build the documentation on the fly.
It seems an upstream bug that does not check that is already available.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple