This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.11
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 10:07:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 5702DCA7 dot 60605 at cygwin dot com> <5703531D dot 9070004 at maxrnd dot com> <570359FD dot 7010100 at cygwin dot com> <57035E62 dot 2050408 at maxrnd dot com> <570366BD dot 30003 at maxrnd dot com> <20160405095714 dot GA2879 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 5 00:18, Mark Geisert wrote:
Mark Geisert wrote:
Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2016-04-05 00:54, Mark Geisert wrote:
When building in winsup/utils, I hit this:
I found that the generated winsup/utils/Makefile has
MINGW_CXX := i686-w64-mingw32-g++
even though I am building on 64-bit.
I can't reproduce this with git master. Are you sure you have both a clean
clone and a clean build directory?
I'm obtaining the source via setup-x86_64.exe, not git clone. Then going to the
download directory under /usr/src and doing 'cygport cygwin.cygport prep'. Then
setting up /oss tree like the FAQ suggests, with /oss/src symlinked to the right
level of the download tree. cd to /oss/build, configure and make like the FAQ
I'll try it with a git clone and report back.
I'm getting the same error. FYI this is with /oss tree per the FAQ with
/oss/src symlinked to root of the cloned tree, then building in /oss/build.
Do you have both i686-w64-mingw32-g++ and x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ installed?
I can't reproduce this either. I built in two variations, with
i686-w64-mingw32-g++ installed and not installed, and in both cases
MINGW_CXX was set to x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++
I built manually from git master in a parallel build dir using this
Care to inspect the config logs to see what happened?
Oh, flock. As Yaakov suspected, an issue in my build environment. Stale
environment vars from the initial 64-bit Cygwin port days, that I had forgotten
about. Removed those from my .bashrc and the whole build runs from start to
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple