This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Noto fonts missing from cygwin
- From: David Boerschlein <david dot boerschlein at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:36:30 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Noto fonts missing from cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <261993439 dot 45310 dot 1459942590010 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: David Boerschlein <david dot boerschlein at yahoo dot com>
It seems the "noto" fonts are missing from the Cygwin LaTeX distribution.
I am using the "mirrors.kernel.org"
CTAN (https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/noto?lang=en) says they are supposed to be in TeX Live.
Also, I am unable to install the CTAN copy because I do not understand where to look for the "appropriate texmf tree" because the "find" command is not showing a folder named "texmf". Also, I do not understand what "update the file-name database (e.g., texhash). Update the font-map files by enabling the Map file noto.map" means because there are no command-line examples. I would just prefer the fonts just come with the Cygwin distribution to begin with.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple