This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Home directory has blank space, X resources not recognized
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 10:48:36 -0600
- Subject: Home directory has blank space, X resources not recognized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
My employer is making us use Box Sync for backup. We have to move all
directories we want backed up into the Box Sync folder.
So I have moved my Cygwin ~ (home) directory to that folder. I
configured nsswitch.conf as follows:
Most things are working. However, my Xterms are coming up in the
default 80x24 format with black text on a white background. The Xwin
server does not seem to recognize my ~/.xserverrc file which contains
exec /usr/bin/XWin -notrayicon "$@"
It does appear that my ~/.bashrc is executing normally.
What can I do to fix this?
Jim Reisert AD1C, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple