This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
strange behaviour of 'ls'
- From: "Simon Bradley" <simon-bradley at talktalk dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 08:26:50 +0100
- Subject: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: <simon-bradley at talktalk dot net>
I have just noticed that the program 'ls' has started to put quotes around some entries in the listing when I use it
That are not really present around the actual files / directories.
This is hugely annoying and I do not want this behaviour. I much prefer to have ls perform as expected.
This MUST be a bug as it interferes with my other scripts which now do not work correctly.
Can you please remove this behaviour?
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple