This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: SSH access to desktop
- From: "Nick dot Battle at uk dot fujitsu dot com" <Nick dot Battle at uk dot fujitsu dot com>
- To: Kevin Layer <layer at franz dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 07:46:48 +0000
- Subject: RE: SSH access to desktop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <32580 dot 1459975366 at freon dot franz dot com>
> $ /usr/sbin/sshd.exe -p 8100
> /var/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.
> drwxr-x--x+ 1 Administrator Administrators 0 Mar 16 10:08 empty/
Try making the owner of this directory the same as the Windows user that is running the sshd service. I think this is a hard coded error message that says "root" in the expectation that this runs sshd. But that is not the case on Windows/Cygwin.
Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited (registered in England No 96056); Fujitsu EMEA PLC (registered in England No 2216100) both with registered offices at: 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW; PFU (EMEA) Limited, (registered in England No 1578652) and Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited (registered in England No. 4153469) both with registered offices at: Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE.
This email is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple