This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 08:46:32 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000001d1909e$da5b8b00$8f12a100$ at talktalk dot net>
Simon Bradley <simon-bradley <at> talktalk.net> writes:
> I have just noticed that the program 'ls' has started to put quotes around
> some entries in the listing when I use it
> That are not really present around the actual files / directories.
> This is hugely annoying and I do not want this behaviour. I much prefer
> to have ls perform as expected.
See the documentation for ls, in particular the -N, -b and --quote-style
options as well as the environment variable QUOTING_STYLE and any aliases
you might have defined when invoking ls.
> This MUST be a bug as it interferes with my other scripts which
> now do not work correctly.
You might want to check if it's not your scripts that are buggy.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple