This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re-install of cygwin today 4/7/16 and xterm missing
- From: "REBSTOCK, ROLAND" <rr3320 at att dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 01:13:18 +0000
- Subject: Re-install of cygwin today 4/7/16 and xterm missing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
All, I reinstalled Cygwin on my win7 workstation and though I can start a X server, when I right click the X icon in the task menu I no longer have a option to start a xterm. What I found is I have to access CygwinX via start menu and then click on xterm which then starts up a new X applications menu and then I can launch a xterm by going to systemtool/xterm. Can I get it back to the way it was with the the X server in the task bar at the bottom and just right click to open a xterm? Unsure why I now have 2 different icons in my task bar.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple