This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 11:54:04 +0300
- Subject: Re: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <065b7c7adc9b367aa54d7654d1e2550f at xs4all dot nl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Perhaps not important, but when setup is invoked like this:
> E:\Setup\bld\setup.exe -B -n -R e:/Setup/test -l
> that is, with -B
> /bin/rebaselst has trouble writing:
> /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied, and
> /var/cache/rebase/rebase_exe: Permission denied
This indicates that, at one point, you DID run setup with admin privileges.
> As far as I can tell, these files are created '666' ...
> setup.full attached to this post.
With best regards,
Friday, April 8, 2016 11:53:06
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple