This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 11:50:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <065b7c7adc9b367aa54d7654d1e2550f at xs4all dot nl> <loom dot 20160408T110800-293 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 2016-04-08 11:10, Achim Gratz wrote:
Houder <houder <at> xs4all.nl> writes:
Perhaps not important, but when setup is invoked like this:
E:\Setup\bld\setup.exe -B -n -R e:/Setup/test -l
that is, with -B
/bin/rebaselst has trouble writing:
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied, and
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_exe: Permission denied
If you use the --no-admin option, you need to do the initial and all
subsequent installs must be performed as the same user.
... uhm, ok.
Initial install and subsequent install were performed as the same user.
But I am missing some "Unix logic" here:
- I modified the permissions of the files (chmod u+x)
- invoked setup (using -B)
- rebaselst is content now, though
- it creates the same files '666' !!!!!
- again, I invoke setup (using -B)
- now rebaselst complains ...
As the files were created with the wrong permissions, I am not
@@ getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: Henri
# group: None
@@ icacls .
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple