This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin and Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c on Windows Platform
- From: Gerrit Haase <gerrit dot haase at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 12:50:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin and Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c on Windows Platform
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000b01d19133$d85b0b60$89112220$ at net>
2016-04-08 3:13 GMT+02:00 Ty Newby writes:
> Also, has anyone else had experience with using Cygwin with Oracle
> Enterprise Manager to deploy agents?
yes, I have setup a new Enterprise Manager 13c on Windows recently,
using the current Cygwin distribution. Deploying agents works as
documented, no matter which OS platform it is.
With the new openssh version there is one minor addition to what is
documented at oracle.com:
- the SSH privilege separation feature
So either you need to disable this in sshd_config, or you add sshd as
user like below:
- Either set in sshd_config -
- or -
$ echo sshd:x:74:74:Privilege-separated-SSH:/var/empty/sshd:/sbin/nologin
$echo sshd:*:27:>> /etc/group
Restart the servcie.
Other than this, it is working as documented there, be sure to follow
the documentation *exactly* as usual with Oracle products, also you
may open a SR at MOS and ask them why they do not update their
documentation, ecause Cygwin 1.7 is not widely available anymore and
ask them to verify, that it is possible to also use the latest stable
release of Cygwin, so maybe there will be at least a new note added to
the Knowledge base over there at MOS.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple