This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 12:14:03 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5707F2F0 dot 9050702 at gmail dot com> <5708CDB6 dot 1040500 at iki dot fi>
- Reply-to: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
The topic was discussed on gnuplot mailing list.
Frorm discussion there (the topic is now pending.) ,
I decided ask here.
In compling gnuplot I have met errors:
../../gnuplot/src/stdfn.h:67:8: error: conflicting types for 'memcpy'
char * memcpy __PROTO((char *, char *, size_t));
../../gnuplot/src/stdfn.h:171:14: error: conflicting types for 'sys_errlist'
extern char *sys_errlist;
Ethan A Merritt suggested in the gnuplot mailing list that:
Anyhow, the correct typing for memcpy is:
void *memcpy(void *, const void *, size_t);
I have complied many times this source but I have not met such kinds of errors.
(Today I have cleanly installed Cygwin because I have cleanly install windows 10)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple