This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:52:37 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5707F2F0 dot 9050702 at gmail dot com> <5708CDB6 dot 1040500 at iki dot fi> <375427 dot 72225 dot qm at web101113 dot mail dot kks dot yahoo dot co dot jp> <5709FCDF dot 5010107 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
> From: Marco Atzeri
> To: cygwin> Cc:
> Date: 2016/4/10, Sun 16:12
> Subject: Re: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin
> Hi Tatsuro,
> May be was better to not reply to a different thread ?
I am pending the other thread and I want to discuss here.
> On 10/04/2016 05:14, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>> The topic was discussed on gnuplot mailing list.
>> Frorm discussion there (the topic is now pending.) ,
>> I decided ask here.
>> In compling gnuplot I have met errors:
>> ../../gnuplot/src/stdfn.h:67:8: error: conflicting types for
>> char * memcpy __PROTO((char *, char *, size_t));
>> ../../gnuplot/src/stdfn.h:171:14: error: conflicting types for
>> extern char *sys_errlist;
>> Ethan A Merritt suggested in the gnuplot mailing list that:
>> Anyhow, the correct typing for memcpy is:
>> void *memcpy(void *, const void *, size_t);
> correct, when in doubt this is a good place to look for:
>> I have complied many times this source but I have not met such kinds of
>> (Today I have cleanly installed Cygwin because I have cleanly install
> windows 10)
>> Any suggestions?
> cygwin/newlib headers are under re-shuffle to simplify the guarding
> clauses in the main headers.
> It is possible that gnuplot is misleaded and don't correctly detect
> memcopy as it should.
> Have you tried to use latest test release ?
OK I will try and report results here.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple