This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty font problem
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:25:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mintty font problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5702FE9D dot 7060306 at alumni dot cse dot ucsc dot edu> <loom dot 20160410T212404-149 at post dot gmane dot org>
Am 10.04.2016 um 21:35 schrieb john refling:
Don't try so much. As I had responded before, this has been fixed in the
Paul Ausbeck <paula <at> soe.ucsc.edu> writes:
"There are no fonts installed.
Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts."
... on XP?
I'm having the same problem with a new XP install and cygwin, where it
worked before. Tried v 2.3.3, v2.3.5, and older archived v2.2.4 which
certainly worked fine on previous XP machine. Nothing works now, so not
sure if it is mintty or XP setup. Exact same XP install disk as previous.
One MS forum suggested to make sure that at least 1 printer was installed to
make fonts visible in some applications.
Another suggested checking permissions on the font directory.
A cygwin forum suggested that there might be no monospace fonts installed
and that mintty needs monospaced fonts only (make sense).
I've tried all the above, and no luck.
Something else suggested using tweakui to rebuild certain system folders.
I'll try that next.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple