This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty font problem
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:40:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mintty font problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <014uDkmQD5520S08 dot 1460378583 at web08 dot cms dot usa dot net>
Am 11.04.2016 um 14:43 schrieb KARL BOTTS:
Perhaps related to font issues in mintty: In .minttyrc is a new property
which means you had configured the bold version of the font.
actually, rather the normal, non-bold font. The new font weight
adjustment apparently enforces that although you selected bold (unless
an even bolder weight would exist in the font family).
Maybe the font selection should be tweaked to allow selecting a bold
font even at the cost of not having a bolder variant available.
after I installed Cygwin 2.4.1-1 and mintty 2.3.5. (I
only because I have home dir files in revision control.) I too use Lucida
With the 700, the font looked visibly "skinny" to me.
I set it to 800, looks fine now. No problem, just tinkering required.
Might be other changes involving fonts in new mintty.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple