This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
2.3.1(0.291/5/3): MAXNAMLEN too small
- From: Arturo Castro <arturo dot castrop at live dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:26:29 -0500
- Subject: 2.3.1(0.291/5/3): MAXNAMLEN too small
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BAY182-W525E43CC177990C016C944EA950 at phx dot gbl>
I was compiling mg (the OpenBSD microemacs editor), and it was using MAXNAMLEN for filename completion. It had a bug because its value in Cygwin is 256 (too low!). We changed it to NAME_MAX which is 1024 and it works, but I think they should have the same value, so MAXNAMLEN should be updated to 1024, shouldn't it?
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW 2.3.1(0.291/5/3) i686, on Win7-64bit.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple