This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 2.3.1(0.291/5/3): MAXNAMLEN too small
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:17:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: 2.3.1(0.291/5/3): MAXNAMLEN too small
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BAY182-W525E43CC177990C016C944EA950 at phx dot gbl> <BAY182-W242B879FA2D747B32D6020EA950 at phx dot gbl>
On 12/04/2016 18:26, Arturo Castro wrote:
I was compiling mg (the OpenBSD microemacs editor), and it was using MAXNAMLEN for filename completion. It had a bug because its value in Cygwin is 256 (too low!). We changed it to NAME_MAX which is 1024 and it works, but I think they should have the same value, so MAXNAMLEN should be updated to 1024, shouldn't it?
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW 2.3.1(0.291/5/3) i686, on Win7-64bit.
$ grep -rH MAXNAMLEN *
dirent.h:#define MAXNAMLEN 1024
tcl8.5/unix/tclUnixPort.h:# define MAXNAMLEN 255
from where your build is taking MAXNAMLEN ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple